
I am not usually one to get all that excited over politics. I generally sit quietly in the background and keep my opinions to myself. And I will continue to do that. However. I do believe that it is the duty of each and every American to get out there and do your part by VOTING.
It's a pretty easy process. Just go to the polls and vote today.
I give you a few famous political quotes that should get you thinking.....
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where they is no river. “
--Nikita Khrushchev
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”
--Ernest Benn
“In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.”
--Charles de Gaulle
“Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other.”
--Oscar Ameringer
“We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy.”
--Martin L. Gross
“Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason.”
--Anonymous
“Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right.”
--H.L. Mencken
copyright great quotes 2008
So true, so true! I'm going to go to the polls this morning and be done!
ReplyDeleteI was up EARLY this morning and to the polls by 6 am. There were a few ahead of me. It's going to be a LONG day.
ReplyDeleteA poll worker turned down my jacket collar because I had a very small red, white, and blue Obama button on it. She said any display of candidate wasn't allowed. I wasn't aware of that. I mentioned it on another blog and the woman said she heard on the news they were asking people to not have anything showing at the polls. etc. I guess I can understand that but it was still odd that the woman tried to hide my button. She was nice though. :)
Glad you told me, M, I wasn't aware of that either! OK - got it - no buttons!!
ReplyDeleteI have read soooooo many posts like this today. People are passionate about voting and I say yeaaaa!
ReplyDeleteThose are some great quotes. :) I like the diaper one!
ReplyDeleteExcellent quotes!
ReplyDeleteGreat quotes. And true it is our duty in our democracies to go out and vote.
ReplyDeleteI caught up on reading here. I am thinking that beach vacations would be great too. Also loved the story about Mary and Lucky.
Thank you for the reminder! I did indeed vote before going to Canandaigua yesterday!!!!
ReplyDeleteTis a privledge to vote!
ReplyDelete