Pages

Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Pet Food Alert!!

There is a new pet food recall that affects over 19 states. The foods were sold at Krogers. There are several brands affected  - and the concern is that there is a fungal toxin that may be very dangerous. For more information about the Kroger foods and the specific toxin - go to Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due To Possible Health Risk.

Symptoms of toxicity from this food may include vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite and jaundice (a yellow color to the skin {easiest to see on the inner ears or the white of the eye}).

For a list of foods recalled this year - go to:
http://www.petplace.com/health-alerts-pet-product-and-food-recalls-by-fda/page1.aspx.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the alert.
    Hadn't seen this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not again! What's especially horrific is that they can't say -"I'm not just being fussy, that stuff hurts my stomach!"

    I'm glad I (mostly) feed home made. Am switching over my cat, too. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

We are so very happy that you stopped by to say hello!! We adore comments!!

You just made our day!!