Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

He Likes Me....He Really Likes Me!

 
I have lived here at the cottage for ten summers. Never, ever seen a fox. Until this year. Now. I think this fox has decided to live here. He may be living in my basement?? The fact that he is sitting ON MY FRONT PORCH, practically giving me his paw....makes me think that he really likes it here.

I don't like that he likes it here. Tomorrow I may just have to place a call to Animal Control. They are doing alot of construction around here and maybe the foxes are being pushed out of their homes.

I was just out in my yard about an hour ago...10pm at night. Zippo was not tied up. He's good and doesn't run away. But. When I turned around and saw him TWO FEET away from THE FOX.....I almost had a freakin' heart attack! And Zippo did NOT want to come in. I was terrified that they were going to get into a fight and I would be powerless to stop it. I do carry pepper spray. I know that the pepper spray works on animals. I googled it! But I don't want to pepper spray Zippo so that he is not capable of running away. So. I did the next best thing. I told Zip we were going to VACUUM!! He comes in right away! Good Boy.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute shot of him! He does like you!

Brenda said...

Calling animal control is a good idea. It's not usual (not unheard of but rare) that a wild animal comes near humans so willingly. I worry about rabies, animal control would know what to look for and the precautions to take. Take care!

Anonymous said...

And who wouldn't want to be liked by a fox? I don't blame you for waiting this long to call animal control.

aims said...

That is so scary!

You need to get that fox away from the dogs. I think you are lucky that he didn't go for Zippo right away.

Katya said...

Well, that certainly is an adorable picture, but I would agree with the others...wild animals should not be mixing in with humans and domestic pets. I would definitely call animal control if not only for peace of mind. I have never seen a fox acting quite so boldly, but if the building is messing with its home grounds, it may be a bit confused.

bichonpawz said...

Talked to Animal Control.....there are so many wild animals here that they don't have a free service to come and remove or trap the animal....of course, I'm welcome to trap him myself. Ummmmm. He didn't come by tonight. Guess I'll just continue to be vigilant!!

Anonymous said...

Smart of you to have pepper spray on hand. They do make pepper spray for animals. Even if it accidentally got in your dogs eyes, at least you could save him from being killed...and his eyes will be all better in about 45 minutes..