Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pennsylvania!





Stop Number One! We made it to Pennsylvania and I am so glad to be able to report to you all that it is POURING RAIN out!! There is mud everywhere!! We started off on this little adventure of ours right on time at 9am sharp. The GPS threw us off track a couple of times....that were a bit scary for inexperienced RV drivers. We thought we were going to have to BACK down a mountain! The dogs were all a bit wired as they are not used to travelling yet. We had several episodes of heavy panting and whining until the three of them decided where they were going to sit. Lady got so nervous at one point that she got sick. Neither Ben or I got much sleep last night so nerves were a bit raw!

When we were getting close to where the directions said the resort should be....we were in the middle of a freakin' city!! We decided to just follow the directions and see where we ended up...and I also made a phone call to ensure we were on track! Unbelievable...a couple of quick turns and voila.....a campground just OFF the main city streets....weird place for it to be. But the owner was very cordial and there are not alot of people around. It does look like there are people living in this park as there were some run down park model type mobile homes around us. But, Zippo was very happy being tied to a tree right outside our door. And Chloe was thrilled to learn that there are C A T S here!!! She was perfectly content to just sit in her carseat and stare out the window....until it got dark out! Then it started sprinkling. Then it started to POUR. Right now...I feel like we should be building an ark! It will be fun getting out of this place tomorrow. (Made me a little nervous when I noticed Ben checking the levels about an hour ago!). I asked him if he thought we were sinking!!

Well...for our first night I think we did pretty good. There were a few weird things that happened along the way....like police bulletins on the lookout for a guy who was armed and dangerous. Then several cop cars go flying by...hope they caught him. Zippo is thrilled with all of the extra room that the slide-out provides him for sleeping...and I'm just glad to have electric, water, sewer and WIFI!

So, I didn't get to watch "Dancing With The Stars". I will watch it online tomorrow night! I really did miss spending Monday with my daughter, but looking forward to another day of just driving and seeing some new scenery. Cheers!

12 comments:

A Spot of T said...

Sounds like you're already settling in to the traveling life! Hope you take tons of pictures to share :o)

Katya said...

Pennsylvania is one of my favorite places. Like New York, it seems like there are endless things to see and do there.

GPS is so weird. It doesn't always understand that certain roads only run one way and such!!! hehehe

Glad the furbabies are getting into the swing of things. Our Scotties think they BELONG in the truck! If one of us leaves without takng them along, they feel cheated.

I know rain isn't the greatest, but I love it when it rains on our camper...it feels so cozy sleeping. (white noise, I guess)

Looking forward to more reports!!!!

silvieon4 said...

HI guys. Glad to know you are well. We travel a lot, back and forth to DC, Ohio... always long car rides. Our vet told momma to take along Benadryl for children. Wendy gets icky and throws up, so we end up giving her a dose of benadryl. Smart water helps also as does riding upfront. I prefer snuggling into my neck pillow, it holds me and I am not confined. Come to VA!!!!!!

Daryl said...

Sounds like you are adapting .. where are you headed?

Brenda said...

Oh I'm sorry your first full day out was so rainy. I hope the sun shines for the rest of your adventure!

Honeygo Beasley said...

In PA? Come visit us - Choe would love to meet your Chloe and LadyBug! Zippo, too.

We're in Bensalem, PA.

Cheers to you!

I had corned beef and cabbage, boiled dinner, at my mom and dad's last night. Chloe had some corned beef, too. We watch a little of "Dancing." David G. was better than Holly - and got a lower score, go figure.

Hayden said...

adventure! travel! drama! excitement! and CATZ!

so far, so good....

Unknown said...

Yippee! The trip! Awesome! :) You are having a huge adventure. :)

CrystalChick said...

OH you really are on an adventure!!! There are alot of nice places in PA but not in the mud and rain. Hoping for better weather for ya. If you do build an ark, I'm only across the Delaware in New Jersey!! LOL

Donna said...

We LOVE traveling with our 5th wheel, when we get the chance! Enjoy!!!hughugs

Pamela said...

Our grandparents traveled all over the country with a travel trailer. I've heard similar stories (except no pets)

I can't wait to hear more of your adventures.

willowtree said...

I'm glad Zippo got to go with you, I was wondering about that.