Chloe's Baby Picture! All Together Now...AWWWWW!!
Just a reminder....we need to keep our four legged furkids safe during the holidays!!
New plants, decorative lights, candles and colorful ornaments, plus a whole menu of delicious smells - the holidays must be a puzzling yet amazing time of year for pets. But to a curious creature, these good things can be hazardous and painful. Electrocution, intestinal blockage and bleeding, frostbite, cuts, scrapes, burns, and poisonings occur more often during the holidays than any other time of year.
For a safe and happy holiday season, keep these safety tips in mind:
Avoid tinsel and glass ornaments or decorations made from food. Tinsel can cause intestinal blockage; broken glass ornaments can cause cuts or, if eaten, intestinal bleeding; and ornaments made from dried food can be poisonous for pets.
Keep fallen tree needles, real or artificial, cleaned up.
Cover your tree stand so pets cannot drink the water, especially if you add any type of tree preservative.
Unplug lights when you leave home. Pets could get shocked or even electrocuted chewing on cords.
Don't feed pets poultry bones or leave bones uncovered and accessible. They are brittle and breakable and cause intestinal bleeding if eaten.
Don't feed pets holiday foods that are rich and potentially toxic. This list includes chocolate and alcohol, plus foods such as potato latkes, gravies, and poultry skin, which can cause gastrointestinal upset.
Keep poinsettias, mistletoe, and holly out of paws' reach - they're poisonous if eaten.
Place candles out of reach or playful paws and wagging tails.
Watch for flying embers from the fireplace; keep pets from getting too close to burning fires.