Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Guiding Eyes for the Blind Introduction!

It was such a pleasure to meet the dogs from Guiding Eyes for the Blind last night!  We were out scoping out trees for our photo adventures when we spotted a bunch of dogs wearing their "Guiding Eyes Puppy Training" Vests.

A friend of mine used to raise puppies for them, so I was interested to meet some of the dogs.  Since we were at the mall, I suspect they were there doing the same thing we were!  There was a beautiful tree and they were taking turns putting the dogs in the sleigh.

My new friend is named Gotham and he is ten months old.  I would love to help train these beautiful pups, but I would never want to give them up as I would become WAY too attached!!

So...without further adieu...here is Gotham and me enjoying the Christmas season!


And here is another one of Gotham enjoying the fall weather...


My grandmother was blind so I am particularly interested in these dogs.  What a wonderful gift the puppy raisers give to the recipients of these dogs!!

You can read more and see Gotham's Fan Page on Facebook!



12 comments:

Amy Boyer said...

What a beautiful dog! I went right over to like Gotham's page. Guiding Eyes is a wonderful organization.

BeadedTail said...

Gotham is gorgeous! Our mommy disrupted a guiding eyes dog in training at Disneyland one year! She's distraction training at its toughest. Seriously.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Those dogs are awfully special
Lily & Edward

Earl Lover said...

How inspiring! He is gorgeous!

ann thompson said...

What a beautiful dog he is. I would have a hard time giving them up when their training was done too

The Flynnigans said...

He's a beautiful boy :)

Ron said...

OMG Jeanne, what a handsome dog! And this post touched me very much because to me there is nothing more beautiful than seeing how these animals (in so many ways) help and support us humans.

I will now head over to Gotham's Fan Page and the website mentioned.

Thanks so much for sharing this post, my friend!

X to you and the girlz!

Jeanne Pursell said...

Thanks Ron! The tree was actually in one of my most favorite stores here...it is called VonMauer! Exquisite store...you would love it!! Gotham was such a sweetheart and he reminded me so much of the dogs we had while I was growing up. We always had two German Shepherds...he was ALL PUPPY! Hope things are going well for you!! xo

Jeanne Pursell said...

I thought so too Ann! Believe me, I get attached in just a couple of minutes...I cannot even imagine spending a year or more with a dog, then having to give him away...it would break my heart!

Jeanne Pursell said...

Thank you Earl...I totally agree!!

Jeanne Pursell said...

I was thinking the very same thing! I know that when my friend trained her dogs...they were supposed to not be "social" when they were working! I made sure to ask the owner before I spoke to Gotham or any of the other dogs!! Sounds like me and your mom would make quite a team! :)

Jeanne Pursell said...

They really are a wonderful organization!! They work really hard with their pups and they are just a great bunch of people...great volunteers! Gotham and I could become fast buddies!