Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday Fever

Woke up this morning thinking OMG I have so much to do I don't know where to start!! I'm feeling stressed out lately because I can't decide whether or not to get a part time job for the holidays. I go back and forth on this every single year. On one hand, it is great for my daughter because she loves my discount. Who am I kidding....I love my discount too! :) But then again, a whole new set of issues pops up like I will have to give up sleeping in order to fit everything I need to do in to my day. The weather here can be treacherous and I freak out when it's icy. Thanks to the accident last winter. I prefer not to drive unless I have to after that incident. I also go WAY over the top when it comes to wrapping presents for Christmas. It usually takes me about a month to wrap. Seriously. But, I love it and it is my special thing that I do each and every year. The kids look forward to it. My stepdaughter tells me that no one does Christmas like I do. That made me feel good. That she noticed. So, I don't want to stop doing any of those things. My shopping is coming along, but I still have a few more things to get. All in all, I am in pretty good shape when it comes to purchasing the gifts. But then there is all the other things that go along with that. Housecleaning. I hate to houseclean. It's not a secret. I just do. My mother broke her back every single day cleaning, and for what????? No one every appreciated it. The happiest I ever saw her was when she was in a home recuperating from her broken hip. In my opinion, she was happy because nobody was telling her what to do 24/7 and no one was ordering her around. She could do what she wanted to do. So, I'm not living my life like that. Not that I live like a pig, just not insane about it!!

So, I still haven't decided what to do about the whole job thing. There is an Outlet Mall about 25 minutes from us. In good weather. In the snow and ice, it's a whole other story. And with the gas prices at $3.35 per gallon, I would actually work about two hours just for the gas!! Then, my husband complains because it costs him to have me work. Puts us in a higher tax bracket. And, I'm trying to fit my Curves workout in each day. Which is probably not a big deal to some people, but to me, it is. I have my own little schedule that I go with and OH MAN that is going to change big time when my husband is around all the time. He's planning to retire next year.

That settles it then. I will go back to work WHEN he retires. Because, we like each other and all, but we will drive each other N U T S being together all the time. Everybody needs to find their own THING. He doesn't have any hobbies. I told him he needs to get one. BEFORE he retires.

But, I'm only going to work at a place that sells things that I like....and that is FUN! I'll go back to Bath & Body Works. It's fun AND it smells really good in there!

9 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

BBW is definitely a great place with a discount? WOO HOO for you and your daughter!

the dragonfly said...

You know what my mom told me a few years back? "If I could go back and do one thing differently, I'd spend less time cleaning the house and more time with you and your brother." I like that. :)

laurie said...

i'd say don't work unless you have to. although bath and body works would not be a bad place at all to work.

fiwa said...

I think it would be so hard to try to hold a part-time job around the holidays. They're already stressful enough as it is.

Anonymous said...

You still have cheaper gas than us. I drive 30 minutes to work every morning and of course back. I think it is 38 kilometres (23.6 miles) one way. Were a little of $4 per US gallon. Interesting it would put you both into a higher tax bracket if you both worked. We are taxed individually.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I admire anyone who can work around the holidays. The crowds of people, oiy!! And the retiring part? I hear you. Gregg is 45 and says in 10 years he will be retired. Then adds in...maybe sooner Joy. I just smile of course but inside? I whimper every single time he says it.

Kristi B said...

I vote for not working! enjoy the holidays instead!

Anonymous said...

I hope Sirdar gets a hobby before he retires, or he may not live that long. Same here, I have tons to do, he computes. Good luck with your decision.

Anonymous said...

I can see why you are conflicted about the part time job. After about three accidents (none of which were her fault), my mom just about gave up driving, too. And we never have icy roads!