Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Quick Catch Up

I made it, I made it!!! Happy Dance!! NaBloPoMo 2007 Done. Whooooooooooo!

My Dad has progressed to a back brace and yesterday they moved him from the hospital to a Rehabilitation Center where he will work with a Physical Therapist on trying to regain strength and be able to walk again. He is currently using a walker, but is still quite unstable on his feet. I suspect at eighty years old, it will take some time for him to heal the broken vertebrae in his back. And his house has stairs...it is a split level. He does not want to leave his house, but it is dangerous for him to be there. He has fallen many times. I understand him not wanting to leave his home that he worked for his whole life, but I worry about him and the stairs.

It is December 1st today! Changed the calendar and voila....December. So much to do this month.....good thing is that I am done with my shopping. I try to do all my shopping online and stay away from crowds as much as possible. All of my items have been delivered and are accounted for! So that's a plus. Now, I am still in the process of building some of my gifts....which are handmade...and may take some time to finish. The house cleaning is a work in progress...five thousand square feet is alot to clean and takes F O R E V E R. And I hate it. But it's the holidays and it must be done. We picked out our tree and we will be picking it up tomorrow. It will stay in the garage for a couple weeks. My husband will spray it with Anti-Allergen as I am very allergic to real trees. The spray helps though and we have been spraying for several years now. One big thing I'm working on this weekend is packaging up and wrapping all the gifts for my stepdaughter and her family. We must get the box mailed out to them. I'd like to get it in the mail to them on Monday. It is difficult for my husband as his daughter lives all the way across the country from us! We live for pictures!!! And the little guy just turned one year in August. Precious times to miss! They go so very fast....

7 comments:

laurie said...

congratulations on nablo!

and your poor dad....is there a bathroom on the ground floor? can you move a bed downstairs so he doesn't have to use the stairs for a while?

we went through this with my dad, too. very hard. but that need to stay home is very strong.

Sandy said...

I love Poppin' Fresh! Congrats.

I cannot even imagine cleaning 5000 sq feet! Does the allergen spray actually work? My daughter has allergies - they must have come from her FATHER's side of the family...lol.

fiwa said...

Congratulations on finishing the month! You did a great job.

I'm glad to hear your dad is up and moving around.

Joy T. said...

Congratulations on finishing NaBloPoMo!!! I am so glad it's over and now I can take some time to actually read some of NaBloPoMo member's blogs!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing NaBloPoMo!!! I am also so glad it is over.

Glad to hear your dad is progressing a bit. I am sure it will take a long time. Hope the future brings good news.

Debs said...

Wooo Hooo! I am glad it is done with! :) I had fun, but at times it was work.

Cynthia said...

Congrats on Nablo...So glad it's over!