Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Let's Talk about VISTA...

Can anyone give me some advice about their experience with Windows Vista?? I am now experiencing it for the very first time. I have not heard good things about it. My concerns are mostly to do with compatibility issues with the collection of software I have built up. I hate to have to go purchase all new photo editing software, new printer, etc.

Based upon my research, the jury is still out as to which photo editing program is the best....but it seems to be leaning toward Adobe Photoshop. I really don't want to take the time to learn a whole new program.....so......am asking for opinions for an easy photo editng software that is actually compatible with Vista.

I have alot of scrapbooking software that probably won't be compatible as most of them are the older versions. It seems the companies have us. We have to keep upgrading not only our software, but all of the accessories as well. My sister just had to purchase a new printer and a new scanner as her "older" versions just weren't compatible with her new Laptop's software.

Is it really necessary to upgrade everything?? Thanks for your opinions!!!

6 comments:

DerekB said...

If you alreday have Vista it will tell you what it doesn't like!

Serif Photoplus or Jaasc Paintshop Pro are cheaper than Adobe Photoshop and do most things as well and more easily.

Anonymous said...

Yes Vista is not the best and there have been many many complaints. My advice to you is uninstall it and load up WINDOWS XP back again and wait it out until they're able to be compatible with one another. Vista is not worth the trouble to re purchase all your programs.

Unknown said...

vista scared me so much, i went to mac! :)

Brenda said...

Unless the companies have offered free upgrades/updates on old software, it probably won't work with Vista. Same for older equipment.
Also, for Vista to operate properly, make sure you have at least 2 gigs (or more) of RAM. Without at least that much you'll be freezing up a lot.

Florellis said...

you can search for the drivers online- I just got a new laptop with Windows 64bit Vista and had to do that for my Canon printer... but there are still a couple of things that aren't compatible with it yet (NeatReceipts scanner, etc)... including Cricut Design Studio GRRR! (which is the main reason I got the laptop so I could cart it around more easily to cut with my Cricut...) I'm really hoping that the programs catch up soon so I don't have to sit here and wait... Have you gone and picked up your Swiss Dots folder from the Dragonfly yet? :)

Unknown said...

I've been using Vista since November and while it took some getting used to I have not experienced any issues with compatibility and I have tons of cameras, mp3s, etc. Some things have an extra little download for vista.