Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Not Good....Not Good at ALL

I just spent three hours chatting online with Dell technical support. And the answer is.....

My brand new super cute Dell Inspiron HARD DRIVE CRASHED.

Needless to say, I am not happy. In fact I am really bummed out about this. Here I am blaming the software....heard lots of bad, bad things about Vista and it is my hard drive that has the problem. Dell is sending me another one which hopefully will arrive next week, but still....I cannot believe it!!

I just went out tonight and purchased some new Scrapbooking software that SHOULD be compatible with Vista. And now I can't load it anyway.

Sure hope that this weekend will be good weather at least!!! The last couple of days have been beautiful here.

I had a very exciting evening, but I have to post about that tomorrow...

Enough for one night!! Have a good weekend!!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Whoa, that is bad news. Dell is supposed to be the best so a new product crash is not good news.

CrystalChick said...

OH no!!!! That's a real bummer.
I've had a couple probs with Dell but overall they worked fairly well for us over the years! Hub says next computer we get will be a Mac. But he never goes on the computer we have now so I doubt it matters.
The hardest thing about Dell last time I had to try and work with them was that the teckies had accents (Indian) and things didn't always translate clearly. They were polite though and used 'Ma'am' alot. lol

Hoping for more good weather for you. We're expecting alot of rain tomorrow. Maybe I'll actually get a few things caught up by staying in?? One can hope...

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I think I can FINALLY comment. For some reason my computer is always freezing up when I come here. I think it's the playlist you have. I let my computer bump and grind and left it alone and after about 5 minutes it finally let me comment without freezing. Lordy! Anyway. Now I completely forgot what I was going to comment on. *smacking forehead*

aims said...

Oh poo!

And it's brand new! Shameful isn't it! That's the thing about laptops - they look hardy but they're delicate too! Lucky for me I have my computer live-in whiz.

Sorry girl - not trying to rub it in at all... I just realized it looked like that...sorry! Eeeks! I was distracted by Joy being so goofy!

Unknown said...

bummer! but be happy it happened early. mine just crashed after 4 years, and i hadn't backed it up in over a year. boo!

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I can only imagine how annoying that is. Here you are raring to go on your brand spanking new PINK IS THE NEW BLACK laptop and the HD crashes. This is something that would normally happens to me...

Make Dell work hard for that error. Get them to throw in a lil somethin' somethin' for all that inconvienence.

Kellan said...

I'm sorry about your computer! I think my desktop computer is fixing to crash - not acting right. Luckily I have my trusty Dell - tee hee - it's an older model - pre-Vista - hope it holds up for a while. Good luck with yours.

Thanks for the stumble. If you are ever interested, go to Stumble Upon.com and check it out. It is a way to put your posts into a giant "mixing pot" and people from anywhere - bloggers and non-bloggers - to read. I've only just started using it - but, it's pretty cool. Thanks and have a good weekend - Kellan

Unknown said...

Dang! No way! I would be pretty upset too. :(