Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Taste of Tuesday?

I think that's what some people call it! I ran across this recipe from a friend of mine that I used to work with. It's called Kugel and I absolutely LOVE it!! Since today is Tuesday and movie night....a quick dinner is in order...so I'm going to give this a shot! Then I think we're going to the Hotel for Dogs movie. I was very glad to hear that proceeds from this movie are going to help rescue dogs. And all of the dogs that were used in the movie were rescue dogs! And they all now have nice, new homes! Always glad to hear that!! There are so, so many out there that still need to find good homes. My younger sister adopted one of the Katrina dogs. So, please people, if you are looking to add another four legged friend to your household, consider adoption!

Kugel
1 - Bag of Egg Noodles (your choice of size)
1 - 16 oz. Container Sour Cream
1 - Container of Creamy Cottage Cheese (I just realized she didn't tell me how much!)
1 - 8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 - Stick of Butter
1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
Approximately 2-3 teaspoons of Cinnamon
3-4 Eggs
1 - Cup of Milk
2 - Teaspoons Vanilla

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 pan. Melt butter and cream cheese together. Add remaining ingredients and then add cooked noodles. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top. Also place several additional slices of butter on top. Bake approximately one hour or until brown. Cool slightly before cutting. Can be made a day ahead.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I love all of the ingredients, just not sure I'd love them combined.

Daryl said...

Kugel is German or Polish .. and if you want you can add raisins .. its tasty and laden with calories and I hated it as a kid ... now I dont hate it but its not high on my snack food list

Katya said...

Well, it sounds good on a cold day! I have been trying to eat better....during the past few weeks, I make a meal and nibble the entire time. By the time everyone sits down to eat, I am too full! I guess that is why I enjoy eating out...I eat a LOT less!

Are you ready for the snow headed our way? I was just thinking it *has* been several days since last we shoveled, after all!!! hehehe

Enjoy the movie! Cannot wait for your review!

Anonymous said...

So, how was the movie? Thanks for the info about it. I really hadn't planned on seeing it, but now since I know about the resuce dogs, we'll go for sure.

Um, about the recipe...are there any fat grams in it?

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful the movie is trying to encourage pet adoption. I think the next dog we get will actually be a breeder dog - only because shelters won't give you a dog if you have a child under 8 around here - but our currently adopted fur child is certainly our first baby.