Monday, September 20, 2010
They Just Won't Go AWAY!!
Anyway, Chloe and LadyBug seem to have a fascination with these things...well...with anything that is a little different in THEIR yard!! So, I decided I had better find out if they are dangerous / poisonous to dogs.
THEY ARE! Do NOT let your dogs near these things. The girlz would not even think of eating these...but there are stories out there of dogs that have actually died from eating them. Apparently they carry some sort of worm...that can cause injury to the lungs of the dog.
Lesson learned...keep dogs AWAY from slugs.
And here's another little gem of information...
Pure table salt...sprinkled around...will make them shrivel up and die.
Have a margarita while you are at it
See that handy, dandy little bug zapper to the left that looks like a tennis racket??? I own that and it is the BEST!!! I love it!!! It is perfect and zaps the little critters and instantly kills most anything!! Terrific little gem of a toy!!