Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Pet Food Alert!!

There is a new pet food recall that affects over 19 states. The foods were sold at Krogers. There are several brands affected  - and the concern is that there is a fungal toxin that may be very dangerous. For more information about the Kroger foods and the specific toxin - go to Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due To Possible Health Risk.

Symptoms of toxicity from this food may include vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite and jaundice (a yellow color to the skin {easiest to see on the inner ears or the white of the eye}).

For a list of foods recalled this year - go to:
http://www.petplace.com/health-alerts-pet-product-and-food-recalls-by-fda/page1.aspx.

3 comments:

Katya said...

Oh my! Not again!

faye said...

Thanks for the alert.
Hadn't seen this one.

Hayden said...

Not again! What's especially horrific is that they can't say -"I'm not just being fussy, that stuff hurts my stomach!"

I'm glad I (mostly) feed home made. Am switching over my cat, too. sigh.