Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Learned in the Sand Pile at Sunday School...

Pretty Basic Stuff:

If Only Today's kids would learn from these basic lessons...

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit or bite people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life -
Learn some and think some
And draw and paint and sing and dance
And play and work everyday some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world,
Watch out for traffic,
Hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder.
 by Robert Fulghum

Kinda like Abileen:

You are Smart.
You are Kind.
You are Important. 

Such easy lessons.

Yet, I find myself sitting in a restaurant watching these totally out of control families around me and thinking...."Is it ME?" 
Why am I the only one that thinks it is the kids controlling the parents rather than the other way around.  My husband and I ponder this just about every time we are sitting in a restaurant waiting for a meal. 
It drives me nuts!!! 
 

14 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Totally understand it. So True ... parents forgets how to be parents. Happy Wednesday! Lots of Golden ALOHA n Woofs, Sugar

silvieon4 said...

I sat in a plane for 7 hrs while a 5 year old behind me kicked my seat every 3 minutes. His parents would say "Stop that" every ...other time. The plane was full and there was no other seat available. By the time I got to my destination I literally had a cervical headache that required a trip to the Dr and rx drugs. Both parents were completely ineffective and argued with each other about how, when and who should "deal" with "it". I now look to see who is seated behind me, because if it is a child, I will either be moved or I will change planes. I know it seems harsh, but it was a hellish experience. I raised 2 kids, we traveled everywhere and behavior like that would have never been tolerated. What I see in restaurants, malls etc, always leads me to ask if manners are no longer being taught.

Daryl said...

makes you wonder if the parents of the parents with the kids acting out ever taught them manners ... you are not alone in this wonder ... I try hard to avoid restaurants that welcome children ..

Unknown said...

my favorite part, hold hands and stick together! This was a great post!

GOOSE said...

Agreed. MOM says I behave better than a lot of kids (of course I do) and she wonder the same thing about who is in charge.
Blessings,
Goose

Bassetmomma said...

I know, it all seems like pretty basic stuff doesn't it?! I don't know where it went!

jen said...

I like to think that I have done a good job of instilling some of these things with my kids, except take a nap every afternoon!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

There are way too many parents who just don't seem to care enough about their children to teach them the right way to behave. When our little ones go out to eat, they know to behave because if they don't they are immediately removed from the restaurant. We think all parents-to-be should have to take a parenting 101 and 102 and more class.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Remington said...

I agree with you....it is frustrating to watch how they act sometimes....

Ron said...

Excellent post, Jeanne!

And as I was reading your list here, I couldn't help but feel that adults as well as children could do well to read it because even as 'adults' we forget this simple, basic, nut important stuff!

"Why am I the only one that thinks it is the kids controlling the parents rather than the other way around."

No, you're not the only one who thinks that. I do too.

Have an awesome Wednesday, dear lady!

X to you and the girlz!

Molly the Airedale said...

My mom feels the same way that you do!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

Ann said...

I'm right there with you wondering about those out of control kids. I was having the same thoughts this afternoon at work when a woman was pushing a cart with a screaming kid and she was totally oblivious to the whole scene. I would have parked the cart and taken that kid right out of the store.

BeadedTail said...

Our dogs are better behaved than most kids these days! :)

Sandy said...

every time we sit next to a family like that, my husband, not very quietly, says "Someone oughta slap that child's mama".

Yep.