Ruckus the Eskie and co-host Love is Being Owned by a Husky in the Thoughtless Thursday Blog Hop!
One of the things we have been meaning to blog about is the MOST POPULAR Post of ALL TIME!! We have been blogging for over 7 years now and the most popular post of all time with almost a thousand views is this one:
2.5 Cups of Cherries
12.7 ounces of Vodka
5 ounces of Simple Syrup*
2-6 drops of Lemon extract
• One part water
• Two parts sugar
On medium heat—slowly heat the mixture of water and sugar—stirring frequently to ensure the mixture doesn’t boil. When the sugar is completely dissolved remove from heat and put aside.
(If possible use a double boiler—it is easier).
The mixture can be sealed and kept for several months. You can also use Brown sugar or a Light colored honey in place of sugar
Vodka Cherry preparation
• In a quart jar, add cherries that have been pitted and cut in half.
• Add vodka and water to cover cherries
• Tightly cover contents in jar and let cherries soak for 2-3 weeks
• SHAKE DAILY !!
• Filter the contents thru cheesecloth first, then thru a coffee filter.
• Add the Simple syrup and lemon extract to the remaining filtered liquid
• Top off with distilled water bringing the total volume to 25.4 ounces.
Seriously?? I guess a whole lot of people must REALLY love Cherry Vodka!!
Actually...the reason we had this on the blog in the first place is because we have a cherry tree in our back yard and it produces tons and tons of cherries so we had to find some way to use them all!!
Everybody that tried our vodka just loved it!!