As most of you know, we are in preparation mode for our annual RV southern trip and I thought it might be helpful if I shared with you all some of the apps that I use...and have been gathering for the past ten years! I should mention that these are iOS apps...not sure if there are Android versions.
* CardStar - Grocery Chains change from state to state and I had to sign up for a new card each time. With CardStar...it will search by location and you can add the cards that way...so much easier!
* Coverage - Gives you the coverage maps by cell phone provider. For instance, my husband has Verizon and I have Sprint...which has saved us a few times...when he doesn't have coverage and I do or vice versa! Also has AT&T and T-Mobile. Except in Wyoming...NOBODY has coverage there!! It drove my nuts!!
* Free Wi-Fi Finder - Does exactly that! Will find you the closest free wi-fi.
* Gas Buddy - Gives you gas prices at individual stations nationwide.
* Google Earth - A godsend! Navigating a big rig to a new destination or RV park when you have no idea whether there are low bridges or very narrow roads.
* History Here - Places of historical importance near you...my husband likes this one (I would rather be shopping!)
* My Radar - Weather is a BIG concern for Rvers. Animation depicts how storms are moving...so we can get out of the way!
* NOAA Radio App. - Must manually input your location, but does help with tornado sirens!
* Roadside America - Explore the fun stuff while you are on the road...like Wahl Drug! In case you happen to be in the area of South Dakota! :)
* State Lines - VERY helpful in assisting with all the different laws BY STATE. This includes: taxes, seat belt laws, helmet and motorcycle laws, cellphone bans, rest area stay lengths, towing speeds, right on red laws.
* Tune-In Radio - Find a favorite radio station you like to listen to...even if you are not there!
* YELP - Looking for local places to eat or shop, laundromats, RV Repair Shops, or Car Rental...this will help you!
* Trucker Path and Trucker Tools - Very accurate for Big Rig and Truck Stop information.
* KOA App - We are not fans of KOA's, but if you are a member, the app will come in handy.
* IExit - Fabulous Interstate Exit Guide shows what is available at exits...for example...fast food choices...like Arby's, Wendy's, Starbucks, etc. and also what the gas prices are.
* AllTrails - Browse 50K trails for hiking trails near you. View maps for routes and track your own activities with GPS. This one is a favorite of my husband's as well.
* SaniDumps RV Dump Station Locator - The largest listing of RV dump stations in the U.S. Since we stay at RV Resorts with full hookups and do not boondock, we rarely use this, except at the end of the season when we do our final dump before winterizing.
* Roadtripper - Discover best scenic spots, diners, attractions, hotels. I believe this one may require an upgrade to Pro and the cost varies. I haven't used it in a while.
* RV Checklist - Be prepared and don't forget important tasks!! This is a GO TO app as it is a really good idea to double and triple check before heading out on a month (or longer) road trip!