Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Monday, March 5, 2018

Personal Choices: Oscar's Fashion 2018

Here are my quick pics for Best Dressed:




My absolute favorite was Jennifer Garner!

She looked fantastic!!  Beautiful color on her!

And here are my runner-ups!


Allison Janney in Reem Acra


Laura Dern in Calvin Klein



Viola Davis in Michael Kors

For my Worst Dressed...I just was not a fan of Whoopie Goldberg's Dress.  While I realize it is more "dressed up" than she normally is...I just didn't think it worked on her.  (or maybe it is because I am not a huge fan of giant flowers....(it kind of reminded me of a pair of drapes my grandmother used to have).



Emma Stone in Louis Vuitton

I personally feel that Emma Stone's outfit was suited for a much more casual event.  The Academy Awards have always been Hollywood Glam.  Maybe she wanted to just change it up a bit, but I just didn't think this particular outfit was appropriate for this event.

Overall, Jimmy Kimmel did a good job.  He is pretty solid at this!  I was not a fan of the number of times that politics were brought up ... not that it isn't an important issue.  I prefer to keep my political opinions private.




8 comments:

BeadedTail said...

We didn't watch the Oscars but we think all those dresses would look better with some white or Tortie furs on them! :)

The OP Pack said...

Mom has to agree with all of your evaluations. Jennifer Garner looked stunning. She was also in awe of how wonderful Jane Fonda looked for her eighty years!!!

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Molly the AireGirl said...

Jennifer Garner looked fabulous - we agree!

ann thompson said...

Oh yeah, don't care for Whoopies dress at all and Emma's is way too casual for the event. I think it's a bit ridiculous that they can't keep politics out of it. They have nothing to do with the awards

Kinley Westie said...

We luved Jennifer's too! Momma also liked J-Law's and Nicole Kidman's.

easyweimaraner said...

we agree j. garner was like a shining star in this blue dress... and we agree for whoopie... that was more whoops than wow...

Murphy Campbell said...

Gotta agree with that Whoopie dress. Not a fan of the big print and it doesn't fit her personality either.

Keep Calm & Bark On!

Murphy & Stanley

Wyatt Airedale said...

Allison Janney.....love her, love the dress.