Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!!

I give you...thoughts to begin a New Year! A Fresh Start!

* Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
* Don't believe all you hear or spend all you have.
* When you say, "I love you", mean it.
* When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
* Believe in love at first sight.
* Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
* Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
* In disagreements, fight fairly.
* Talk slow, but think quick. (I have trouble with this one!!)
* Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
* Call your Mom and Dad.
* Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
* Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
* Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
* When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
* Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
* Spend time alone - in my opinion, it is good for the soul and VERY necessary to keep my sanity!!
* Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Read more books and watch less TV.
* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
* Trust in God but lock your car.
* A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil and harmonious home.
* Read between the lines.
* Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
* Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes the blessing.
* Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
* Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
* Pray. There's immeasurable power in it.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

That's a wonderful list! There are so many that speak to me but the one that made me giggle? Trust in God but lock your car...lol.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, excellent list. This was good BB. Happiest of New Year wishes my friend!

Coffespaz said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. What a wonderful list, I saw several that I need to write down and put on my message board to focus on this year. Thanks for reminding us all.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful list of tips for great living. No one could go wrong following the ideas here. Happy New Year to you and your family.

MS CUTE PANTS said...

Nice List! Happy New Year BB! Thanks for all the comments on my blog & I hope to meet you this year in Bermuda...

Anonymous said...

All gooid - trust in God lock your car is my favorite :)
Happy Posting.
Frances

Anonymous said...

I'd never seen this one before: Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.

This is so amazingly true.

Anonymous said...

Excellent words of wisdom!!

The Gal Herself said...

What a terrific list! As you know, I'm back from Key West and it's hard to be back to the icy old grind and return to work. I'll try to follow these (esp. smiling as I pick up the phone) and hopefully it will all go more smoothly.