Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ageless Wisdom


Maya Angelou is one amazing woman! So simple and honest, yet so much wisdom in her words! I give you a few quotes ... words that everyone can relate to:

*I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

*I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

*I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

*I've learned that "making a living" is not the same as "making a life".

*I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

*I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw things back.

*I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

*I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

*I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

*I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

*I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

6 comments:

silvieon4 said...

how true....how true

Anonymous said...

I love these, have them cut out around here somewhere...

and I wonder what it says about me that I have NO PATIENCE WHATSOEVER for tangled christmas lights, yet I am never organized enough to put them away neatly so that they won't tangle. I have been known to throw out a few sets when they seem hopelessly tangled. When I start pulling and tugging and RIPPING them apart, I know I've had it ... and they're in the trash.

Dianne said...

beautiful quotes
she is a magnificent woman

Katya said...

Oh, those are some good advice!!!

Hayden said...

she is a true role model.

Pamela said...

sometimes I am a pain. I feel guilty. sigh.