I'm doing alot of shopping online these days...
While buying online beats fighting the mall crowds, it also carries additional risks. It's important to follow some extra guidelines to keep yourself safe.
- Shop only on Web sites you trust and use a different password for each site.
- Don't make online purchases from a public computer.
- Shop at secure Web sites. Before entering your credit card information, make sure the URL in your browser's address bar contains "https" rather than "http." Also check for a closed padlock icon usually in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
- Consider using one card for all your online purchases.
- Disclose only the necessary facts when you order. Don't answer any question you feel is not required to process your order.
- Check the site for cancellation and return policies.
- Always print copies of your orders/online receipts.
Are you braving the crowds or curling up in front of your computer this year??