Tuesday, July 8, 2014
As Promised! The Infamous Cherry Vodka Recipe!!
2.5 Cups of Cherries
12.7 ounces of Vodka
5 ounces of Simple Syrup*
2-6 drops of Lemon extract
• One part water
• Two parts sugar
On medium heat—slowly heat the mixture of water and sugar—stirring frequently to ensure the mixture doesn’t boil. When the sugar is completely dissolved remove from heat and put aside.
(If possible use a double boiler—it is easier).
The mixture can be sealed and kept for several months. You can also use Brown sugar or a Light colored honey in place of sugar
Vodka Cherry preparation
• In a quart jar, add cherries that have been pitted and cut in half.
• Add vodka and water to cover cherries
• Tightly cover contents in jar and let cherries soak for 2-3 weeks
• SHAKE DAILY !!
• Filter the contents thru cheesecloth first, then thru a coffee filter.
• Add the Simple syrup and lemon extract to the remaining filtered liquid
• Top off with distilled water bringing the total volume to 25.4 ounces.
This particular post is my most read post of ALL time!! For seven years I have been blogging and the most interesting post I have written is Cherry Vodka...WHO KNEW?? :)
Seriously?? I guess a whole lot of people must REALLY love Cherry Vodka!!