What a great idea!! Bake up a batch of these and drop them off at your local shelter!! Make some new Valentine's friends!!
Gather your ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (160° C).
- Blend the banana and veggies in a food processor. Add the soy milk, peanut butter, and molasses and blend again.
- Sift together the whole wheat flour and baking powder, then add to the wet mixture and blend well.
- Pour the batter into a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of white flour and stir thoroughly. Knead in the second cup of white four, adding more flour if necessary to make a stiff dough. Divide the dough into four parts.
- Roll out a piece of dough on a floured board to about 1/8 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter or knife to make heart shapes (or any other Valentine's Day symbol). Place the biscuits onto an ungreased cookie sheet—it's okay to put them close together; they won't spread out.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes or until they are just starting to brown. Remove from the oven and turn over the biscuits with a spatula. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Turn the biscuits again and bake for another 10 minutes. They should be as crisp as crackers.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Repeat with the other three parts of the dough, or freeze the remaining dough to bake later.
- Store the cooled biscuits in a covered container in the refrigerator until you can deliver them.