Dogs really ARE Miracles with Paws!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hello SPRING!!







When the late Nadine Stair of Louisville, Kentucky, was 85 years old, she was asked what she would do if she had her life to live over again. 

"I'd make more mistakes next time," she said. "I'd relax. I would limber up. I would be sillier than I have been on this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and less beans. I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones. 

"You see, I'm one of those people who live sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I've had my moments, and if I had to do it over again, I'd have more of them. In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day. I've been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, and a raincoat. If I had to do it over again, I would travel lighter than I have. 

"If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds and I would pick more daisies." 

5 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

I would pick more daisies too , that is a good way to spend life... and yes we have to get rid of that snow... maybe we can blow it away with a hair dryer?

madi and mom said...

Chole, Juliet, Romey this post inspired us to write an original Sparks for next Monday, and we are linking it to your post today. Everyone needs to read what Nadine Stair said
Thank you!!
Hugs madi your bfff

madi and mom said...

What a beautiful series of quotes by the very wise Ms. Nadine Stair.
More living in the moment...not worrying about what might happen but enjoying what is happening!!
Hugs madi and mom

Molly the AireGirl said...

We would eat more ice cream too and we like beans because they're healthy. They off-set the bad ice cream☺

Hailey's Lady said...

Happy spring and some great advice.